Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"In Man Words, It's Time to Pounce!"

Everyone has seen She's the Man right? If you haven't, go rent (or better yet buy) the movie sit down, watch and prepare to bust a gut laughing.
Anyway, there's one part that came to my mind yesterday...In this part of said movie, there are "male" (one is actually a girl, but no one knows) characters sitting around a table discussing one of the girls. Here is exactly what is said Andrew: “Until recently, she was dating this college guy, but he dumped her, and I hear she's a total mess right now. Confidence, self-esteem way down." Toby: “Yeah, so in man words, it's time to pounce!”
So here's why this popped into my head. I was talking to some guys outside their apartment complex...then I got into having a conversation with the girl sitting next to me about our majors. We stopped talking about that, and turned back to the guys, but they didn't notice. As we listened one of them shared this story: "So my brother is trying to fix me up with his girlfriend's best friend. She's coming up here to BYU, and she just broke up with her boyfriend." without waiting to hear the rest of what he had to say, one of the other guys said "That's the best time to strike!" remember, they didn't think that the girls were listening at this point. So just wondering...Is that really when guys think is the best time to strike or pounce or whatever?
Or is it just the best time for something noncommittal...something that one of my friends would call her ego-booster?

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE it! I am excited to see more of the things you find out. Boys are silly haha and maybe because a girl has just been dumped she will be missing the companionship and a guy knows that is the best time to get her to go out with them really easily. Not sure if thats true but just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete